Sipdown #3 (of the day) from Azzrian’s box of goodies. Thanks Lady!
For some reason that I cannot fathom, I was avoiding this one. I honestly don’t know why. In the world of Oolongs, I tend to enjoy the roasted ones the most, & this is really quite nice! It has a boldness that I enjoy, & the flavor is a mix of roasted carrots, sweet potato, greenbeans, & acorns. It’s been a long time since I tasted acorns! I grew up in San Diego, & in 6th grade we went to camp palomar for a week. We did all kinds of things there, including making acorn cakes, which required us to collect acorns, find a good smooth rock, pound them into flour in the indentations on the rocks made by native americans pounding acorns over time, rinse the flour repeatedly to remove the tannins, make a batter & shape the acorns into patties, & fry them. They were terrible, LOL. I was the only one who liked them. The flavor was unique, although they were still rather bitter. I guess we didn’t rinse the flour enough!

This is an interesting tea, mildly sweet, unique, & I like the flavors.

Butiki Teas

Those acorn cakes sound pretty interesting.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Those acorn cakes sound pretty interesting.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO