I’ve been practicing like a crazy woman all evening!
First it was the first harp part for Schelomo, the cello concerto by Bloch. Then there’s another piece for that concert, which is on Monday.
Next I worked on Clair de Lune (Debussy) because I have to play it at a gig in a few weeks & it’s been awhile…I also worked on my arrangement of Girl From Ipanima.
Finally, I’m playing a meditation concert at a church this friday, as part of their Lent series & since St Pats is this weekend, I came up with a set that includes a mix of Irish tunes, & some classical stuff to, like the Swan, such a beautiful piece…sigh…

When I finished practicing, I wanted a cup of tea to help me unwind, & here’s what I threw together:
Chamomile – purported sleep aid
Oat straw & nettle – good source of calcium’ for relaxing
Double shot of valerian tincture – nature’s version of Valium
Orange peel, lemon verbena (homegrown!) & vanilla for flavor
A few drops of stevia for flavor enhancement

I think that’s everything. Add hot water, steep, & enjoy!

gmathis

Wish I’d been a little mousie in your practice room all evening :)

Starfevre

I always loved playing Clair de Lune on the piano

Terri HarpLady

Oh, me too! I love all Debussy, but I think my most fav Debussy is first arabesque, such a wonderful creation. Reverie is another fav, I could sit & play from my Deb book all day : )

Terri HarpLady

Mathis, sometime when you’re in St. Louis you’ll have to come over for tea @ a concert :)
You’re somewhere on the other end of this lovely state, aren’t you?

gmathis

I am. I’ve already resolved to check the Schnuck’s and Whole Foods event calendar (in case you’re on it :) next time we’re headed that direction. Likely not till fall.

Terri HarpLady

you can also just check my website, www.harpsinger.net. I usually do a pretty good job of keeping the calendar there updated, although now I’m going to confess that it’s probably a little behind…so many things to do…sigh…

Kittenna

I love playing Reverie on the piano – I can only imagine how awesome it sounds on a harp! (Also love Clair de Lune but never spent enough time on it to make it sound good).

Comments

gmathis

Wish I’d been a little mousie in your practice room all evening :)

Starfevre

I always loved playing Clair de Lune on the piano

Terri HarpLady

You’re somewhere on the other end of this lovely state, aren’t you?

Kittenna

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO