mmMMMmmm….I’m enjoying this :)
This tea arrived today, & I immediately drank a cup, & then resteeped the leaves for a 2nd cup. Even though I shook the package up real good for that first cup, it mainly tasted like Laoshan black, with a little extra roasty flavor. It was awesome, but I wasn’t really getting the chocolate & toasted rice vibe that much. So I drank a cup of Keemun, which is very different, drank a glass of water, & measured out some more of this tea to try again. This time I inspected my spoon, making sure that all of the ingredients were well represented, & the 2nd cup definitely had the tasted of toasted rice & cacao! They add a satisfying depth to the cup, not tasting like coffee, but with the full body of coffee. On the re-steep I added some orange peel to the cup, just for a fun experiment, & it was a nice addition! Halfway through drinking that cup, I also added a drop of stevia, & THAT was also nice!
Now I’m reminiscing about Laoshan Bergamot Rose, hoping that David will bring that one back, fantasizing about adding roses & vanilla to this blend, enjoying this cup, & I think I need a hot bubblebath.
I’ll buy more…yes, I’m sure I’ll buy more…

jealous! I can’t wait for my order to get here!

Terri HarpLady

After I ordered it I started thinking this will probably be included in the TOMC package, right? Along with the Autumn picked Tieguanyin, which I didn’t order.

i don’t get the TOMC, just the reserve club…which sadly i just cancelled because it’s turning into spring teas and while i’m open to trying greens and the like, i don’t LOVE them. I much prefer darkers teas. So I’ll just pick up some of the new teas come april and see what’s what heh

Tealizzy

I have some of this one on its way and I’m waiting very impatiently!!

Bonnie

This was like 2 tea’s in taste for me.First Laoshan Black then Genmaicha. Individual flavors that blend late in the back of my mouth. Like you,I keep thinking about what I can create with the tea.

darby

I need to order some!

The Bergamot Rose is in stock.

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, Darby! I noticed that last night & did a double take! Yay!

Comments

jealous! I can’t wait for my order to get here!

Tealizzy

I have some of this one on its way and I’m waiting very impatiently!!

Bonnie

darby

I need to order some!

The Bergamot Rose is in stock.

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, Darby! I noticed that last night & did a double take! Yay!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO