Good morning Steepsterites!
I’m up earlier than usual, as I have a concert today at noon to play.
I’ll play a mix of Irish & Classical, and I woke up hungry, so my morning routine order is a little switched: Breakfast & tea, bubble bath, yoga (that’s usually first), warm up on my harp, then hit the road!

So far I have only enjoyed this tea Gongfu style, which is the only recommendation on the Verdant website. I made the mistake of brewing Yu Lu Yan Cha in a mug as if it were Laoshan black, & the results was not pleasant, at least not for me. So I’ve been a little hesitant to make that mistake again, Fo Shou. (Sorry…couldn’t help it)

But what the hell! Tea is all about the experience, all about the experiment, right? As in tea, so in life, right? So I went for it. I opened the little red package, it’s roughly a Tablespoon, dumped in the steeper basket, & added hot water. I let it go for 3 minutes, just like Laoshan Black. It was AWESOME! 2nd cup steeped 4 minutes, 3rd cup = 5 minutes.

I’m a happy camper! Now I know that I can take this tea either way, & that just made my day!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO