The gig I played today went very nicely, then I returned home & took my Harley out for a spin. It was such a nice day, 70 degrees, & Ruby (1200 custom sportster, lava sunglow red) has been stuck in the garage forever. It always seems like the days when it’s beautiful weather I’m playing a gig or teaching, & the days I’m free to ride it rains.

So we buzzed around town, it felt so good to feel the wind! When I got home I went on a crazy tea frenzy! I pulled out the Nov TOMC selections, & actually followed the suggestions for once.
First I Steeped Mt Banzang’s Sheng. If I could buy a whole cake of this, I would, but at $300 the answer is no.
Then I made some Autumn picked laoshan green. It really is a lovely contrast. The Banzang is rustic, smoky, tangy, tongue numbing & 3rd eye opening, then the laoshan green is so fresh tasting, buttery greens. I sipped back & forth between 2 Gaiwans, & then did a few more steeps on yesterday’s Big Leaf Sheng too. The next part of the suggested instructions was to mix the sheng & green together, 3G green to 1G Sheng. So I had 4 Gaiwans going. Finally, “add a pinch of the toasted rice to each one”. That took them all over the top!
That was the end of my tea drinking for today :)

Spencer

Wow, those are superb-sounding combinations. Whose tea of the month club is this?

Terri HarpLady

That’s from the Verdant TOMC. That was the November offering. I’m still waiting for March. According to the tracking page online it was delivered yesterday at 3:30, but it is not at my house.

Spencer

Hopefully it shows up soon!

Terri HarpLady

I just got a text from my son, it arrived!

Spencer

Huzzah! What is inside?!?!

Comments

Spencer

Spencer

Hopefully it shows up soon!

Terri HarpLady

I just got a text from my son, it arrived!

Spencer

Huzzah! What is inside?!?!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO