drank Golden Monkey by Teavana

I used to have a terrible sweet tooth. I also used to have to eat something every hour or 2, or my blood sugar would get low & I’d be dizzy, ditzy, & worthless. That has all changed, due to a major overhaul in the way I eat & the way I view food, & a recognition of a significant list of foods that I thought were good for me, but were actually ruining my health. It’s been about a year & a half since I made that transition, & I’ve lost alot of weight & I feel great!

But once in awhile I want something a little sweet. Today is that day. I’m having a ‘hail mary’ meyer lemon tart. It’s sweetened with agave & coconut sugar, & although sweets are not my friend, & they usually make me feel like crap, it’s a small treat & I ate well today. It’s dreamy & creamy, & not very big. It requires a robust unsweetened cup of tea. What I really wanted was a strong assam, but I have none. In retrospect, the Kenyan would have been especially nice with this, I think. But this will do: Malty, grainy, even a little sweet. Yup, this will do…

Invader Zim

It’s amazing how much the food you eat can affect you.

Tealizzy

I still eat a lot of sweets, but I started eating healthier overall, and now when I pig out on junk food, I feel sick. Interesting how your body adapts!

Comments

Invader Zim

It’s amazing how much the food you eat can affect you.

Tealizzy

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO