I can’t believe it’s almost noon, & this is the only tea I’ve had today so far. Of course, I stayed up late working on taxes, slept in a bit, did my yoga, & finally came downstairs about 90 minutes ago.

I’m finally doing a gongfu session with this tea! So far all of my steepings with this one have been western style, but today is the day.
I re-read David’s writings regarding this tea, & was inspired to go heavy on the leaf. I filled my gaiwan about half full & started with 4 second steeps, gradually adding time.

It started off very savory, with a slightly bitter edge. By the 3rd steeping the numbing sensations were there, along with a floral taste. 4th steeping the esoterical & metaphysical sensations of 3rd eye opening & mindfulness were lovely…
I combined 5 – 8 in a pitcher & enjoyed them with breakfast.
Steep 9 & 10 have a ’resinous’quality to them, kind of reminding me of my hash smoking days, & my nose feels as if I’m smelling the wafting smoke of incense. Maybe I’ll light some in a little while…
10 – 15 were together in the pitcher. To me, this is a tea that is more about sensations & effect than actual flavor. Right now my mouth feels extremely ‘clean’. There’s the linen, there’s a fruity brightness, there’s the ‘resin’ & yes, there is the green olive oil taste as well. But I think I’ve reached my limit on this one, & I have to admit, it’s not nearly as satisfying to me as many of the other teas in my cupboard. But it is a worthy experience!

TeaBrat

ugh – I still need to do my taxes!

Comments

TeaBrat

ugh – I still need to do my taxes!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO