This has been in my cupboard for quite some time. I’m not really hoarding it, it’s just not that exciting of a blend for me.
I love Big Red robe, I love Laoshan black, I love chocolate, I don’t mind a little chamomile. I want to like this blend. But for me, it’s just ok. I drank the first 2 steepings plain (2 min, then 3) & on the 3rd steeping I tried a little honey. :P meh…
I have enough to drink it one more time, which I plan to do soon, & I think I’ll up the first steep to 3 minutes, as it just doesn’t seem all that exciting (I already upped the amount of tea to a Tbl).

Yeah…this one is kinda…meeeeeeh…..for me

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, I think its too…amalgamated. Nothing really stands out, which might be considered a plus in a blend for some people, but for me, this one just doesn’t work.

Bonnie

Stick some puerh in like the breakfast blend. I liked this cold.

Terri HarpLady

It might be good as a cold brew, the mint would give a refreshing quality. Maybe I’ll do that with the last bit.
Whats the ratio of water to leaf for cold brewing? Anyone?

i usually make it the same, though if i plan on adding ice cubes later to keep it cold i add a little extra. since i can always dillute it later

MsWhatsit

Yeah, chamomile with chocolate does sound kind of weird…

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Sil, I think I’ll give that a try.
MsWhatsit! It’s about time you showed up on here, sis! :D

Bonnie

Not me. I like my cold brew more diluted,more of a hint of tea flavor in a larger amount of water which may be steeping 24hrs. If I want to I sweeten it…depends. I cold brew puer, and throw good quality spent leaves in a pitcher (or filter bottle) with a pinch of new leaves. I haven’t been disappointed yet. Some oolongs work well, especially roasty oolongs.

Comments

Yeah…this one is kinda…meeeeeeh…..for me

Bonnie

Stick some puerh in like the breakfast blend. I liked this cold.

Terri HarpLady

Whats the ratio of water to leaf for cold brewing? Anyone?

MsWhatsit

Yeah, chamomile with chocolate does sound kind of weird…

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Sil, I think I’ll give that a try.
MsWhatsit! It’s about time you showed up on here, sis! :D

Bonnie

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO