First cup of the day!
This is a lovely Dian Hong, not too bold, but sweetly smooth, & a nice wakeup to enjoy whilst fixing my breakfast. The flavor is full & rich, but mellow, with a caramel & sweet potato essence, & a linen thick mouthfeel. I steeped the 1st cup for 2 minutes, 2nd cup for 3. Both are delicious & satisfying (I guess that’s my word of the week!).

Recently I cataloged all of my teas (including samples & trades), & am checking them off as I drink them, in an effort to work my way through everything on a regular basis. I have 18 straight unflavored black teas, with 4 more on the way. Here’s the analysis of my drinking habit over the past week (probably really just 5 days), just for fun. The number represents either a cup of that tea, or in the case of teas that were brewed in a gaiwan, a session:
White – 0
Green – 2
Oolong (any style, flavored or plain) – 1
Black (plain) – 14 (on some I cheated & drank them more than once, but I’m not counting the cheats)
Black (flavored) – 12
Puer (shu) – 1 (I really like shu, & I have plenty, just been busy)
Puer (Sheng) – 2 (same as above)
Puer (flavored)- 3
TOMC samples that don’t fit: 3
Samples from friends: 8

So we can see where my true allegiances lie, where teas are concerned.

Indigobloom

that sounds like me, with the black. I loooove my assam! though I drink more green than puerh

Terri HarpLady

Black tea is just SO AWESOME!

Hehe, agreed!!!