I will finish my taxes!
Taxes are a bitch when you’re self-employed!
My office looks like a cross between a hoarders episode & a game show that requires you to balance random things in precarious piles, we’ll call it, “How High can you stack it?”. My filing methods will probably end up in the Smithsonian some day as a display of “most insane filing system ever”.
Amazingly, I do have a system for keeping track of my receipts & such. I’ve been doing my own taxes for a long time, & although some years have been rather traumatic (mainly because I didn’t know what I was doing), this isn’t one of them.
The hard part is just getting myself to sit at my desk & do it.
I worked last night from 10 til 4am, & probably would have finished, but I needed a form from my son’s college, which luckily he had.
I got up at 8:30, got the form, & I’m almost done. Just taking a breakfast break (cooked by my other son), & drinking my 2nd cup of awesome boldness.

ashmanra

Hooray for done taxes! We signed and picked ours up today! I used to do them myself, but I am also self-employed and then it got really complicated as I was executrix for three estates of people who all died with 18 months of each other, and I inherited part interest in a depreciated property. I just couldn’t do it. I still have to do a good bit of the work, though, grouping receipts, tallying my income and deductions for business expenses, and such, and keeping track of college expenses…

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, if I was in a position like that, I’d definitely hand it over to someone who knew what they were doing!

Comments

ashmanra

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO