I’m enjoying another round with this oolong, which was part of the January Reserve TOMC. I went through the process:
smell dry leaf
preheat gaiwan
drop leaf into hot gaiwan & cover
smell again – ahhh…the best fruit loops ever, kind of tropical! Plus a really heady fruity incense.

The early steepings are tropical & floral, mouthwatering the there is that incense sensation, tickling my sinuses.
Next I started noticing a tongue & sinus kind of tingly numbly sensation, & cooling too…kind of like mint or camphor.

I’m suppose to be practicing right now. I have a performance with an ensemble tomorrow at webster U: guitar, harp, bass, cello, viola, 2 voices, drum set & mallets/hand percussion. I’ll get to it in a minute.

Now after each sip there is a meaty umami kind of flavor & sensation down the center of my tongue, followed by a wash of salivation around the sides, & that sparkly sensation.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO