I hate allergies! My head’s been throbbing all day, my eyes are watering, ears itching, sneezing…ghaaa!
This evening I’ve been sitting around, making adjustments to the list of my tea collection on my computer. There were several sipdowns, so those items were removed, & I added all the teas I purchased recently. I now have a total of 260 teas! This includes samples, bags, tins, everything.
While I’ve been doing this, I’ve been sipping on cups of Nettles tea, as it is rumored to be helpful for allergies. I used to take massive doses of Shaklee Alfalfa tablets for allergies, & it really helped, but these days I just can’t swallow that many tablets (20 tablets, 4 times a day, that’s what it took to keep my allergies away). So I’m drinking Nettles, & I’m using BioAllers Homeopathic Sinus & Allergy spray.

Nettles tea is a natural anti-inflammatory & anti-histamine, & isn’t unpleasant. It just tastes green, with a bit of a minty sensation to it. For years I’ve drank a mix of Nettles, Oatstraw, & a pinch of Horsetail (herb), which is a good tonic for women, high in bone building minerals (according to Susun Weed, herbalist).

Josie Jade

I feel the same. I started getting allergy shots (3 shots twice a week) and so far it’s just making incredibly tired on top of the symptoms. I actually skipped my shots today because I just couldn’t see the point in it. My mom uses something called butterbur (sp?) and swears by it for allergies. Hope you feel better soon!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve heard good things about Butterbur, but you have to buy it as a ‘preparation’, because the plant itself has toxic elements.
I got allergy shots a long time ago, with no results.
Nettles are high in Querticin, among other things, & really very nutritious! Hang in there, Josie! :)

Kaylee

Oh boo. Allergies are terrible. Mine haven’t quite kicked in yet, thankfully, but it will be one heck of a spring when they do. Hope the tea helps! I’ll definitely be trying this.

Kaylee

Bah can’t seem to edit my previous comment, but wanted to add that I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Kaylee!

Rachel J

260! My husband thinks I’ve gone overboard, and I have maybe 30.

Comments

Josie Jade

Terri HarpLady

I got allergy shots a long time ago, with no results.

Thanks Kaylee!

Rachel J

260! My husband thinks I’ve gone overboard, and I have maybe 30.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO