Call me a wierdo, but I actually like roasted chicory root. I always have.
I’m probably the only person on steepster that likes chicory.
I hadn’t drank it in awhile though, because I like black tea better.
So a few weeks ago I was drinking a cup of Adagios Rooibos Vanilla Chai, & the whole time I’m drinking it, I’m thinking, “This would be better if I added a little chicory to it…”, but I didn’t have any laying around. I think that’s one of the reasons I’m just not a huge rooibos fan, it always seems like it needs something more.

So last week when I was checking out the Frontier bulk tea display at the health food store, I noticed that they had roasted chicory (and rosebuds, & hibiscus flowers & other fun stuff). So I nabbed some, & in my quest to minimize my caffeine in the evening, I just enjoyed a cup.
If I wanted it to taste like coffee or black tea, I’d be sorely disappointed, but I don’t, so I’m not. It’s bold enough to feel like I’m really drinking something, & I like it!

MsWhatsit

Weirdo! :)

Now I’m thinking of getting some chicory and other fun herbs too. It’s been awhile since I’ve composed any of my own blends and a good idea is a good idea.

Terri HarpLady

I did a blend of chicory & roses this evening, & I thought it was tasty!

Rachel J

I like barley and chicory based blends like Teeccino or Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma.

Terri HarpLady

Glad to know I’m not the only one! :)

Comments

MsWhatsit

Weirdo! :)

Terri HarpLady

I did a blend of chicory & roses this evening, & I thought it was tasty!

Rachel J

Terri HarpLady

Glad to know I’m not the only one! :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO