This is the 2nd tea in this month’s TOMC.
The appearance is long graceful strands in a deep chocolate brown, with shades of mahogany & sage here & there.
The dry aroma is rich, sweet, & fruity, with almost a wine like scent.
I preheated the gaiwan & then warmed the leaf in it, & the aroma was of a rich apricot & incense.
Once I steeped the leaves, they smelled like an even richer apricot liquor with an incense overlay that lingers in the back of the sinuses, reminding me of Big Red Robe.

Although I previously haven’t been a huge fan of Dancongs, I am loving the lingering honey & fruit perfume of this tea (and I hate perfume!).
This was a very tasty brew, with fruity & floral elements.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO