In spite of the weather, my cherry tree is blooming & today was the day for my annual invocation! I bought myself an order of sushi, came home & steeped a cup of spring cherry green, & enjoyed my little snack out in the yard under the cherry tree, admiring her blossoms. After my snack, I laid hands on her trunk, calling upon the Earth, the sun, the wind, & the rains to support her. Then I called out to all creatures within earshot, welcoming them to nest in her branches, to savor the cherries when they are ripe, & then reminded them that I also love cherries, so please leave the lower branches for me. :)

I’ve enjoyed this tea for a number of years, & it is especially nice during this season, when the cherries are blooming. I’ll have more than one picnic under that tree, & this is the tea of choice for those occasions.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO