drank Assam by The Tea Spot

I am a grumpus today.
I had insomnia until 3am, mostly due to allergies. I forgot to drink my Nettles for a few days, & my allergies came back yesterday with wild abandon. Gotta get back to brewing my ‘medicine’, cuz I hate feeling irritated from head to toe, & that is exactly what allergies do to me. It’s a whole body experience, not just sinuses.

So this was my first cup this morning. I steeped, & resteeped, & crawled into a hot tub of bubbles with both cups of tea. I realized once I started sipping that I wasn’t really in the mood for something this strong, but I drank it anyway. This is a bold brew, this is what Irish Breakfast is suppose to be (although I find most of them to be lacking). There is a very bright fruitiness to it, & it’s malty. I probably over t’d it a little, because it seemed especially brash this morning, but that also might be due to my over-sensitive allergy riddled cells screaming, “too much stimulation!!” about basically everything.

MsWhatsit

I picked up some nettle the other day. Thanks for mentioning it, maybe now I’ll remember to brew a batch.

almost made this today…almost :)

Terri HarpLady

I brewed up the last of mine & it will be ready to start sipping in a little while. I gotta pick up more!

Comments

MsWhatsit

almost made this today…almost :)

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO