Working my way through the TOMC box, this one is from January.
Initially, I didn’t like this tea. Everyone else loved it, & I was like, “This is my next to least favorite from Verdant, only superseded by Earl of Anxi”. I guess the problem was that I tried to steep it like Laoshan black, & that was a big mistake! This is a black tea, but it needs to be handled with kid gloves, it’s very sensitive. I’m feeling sensitive today, so maybe we make a good pair this afternoon?
5G + 4 oz Gaiwan (quick rinse) X 4 – 6 sec steepings
I drank the rinse water. It tastes like french bread with butter, kind of like the formosan I just drank. Very mildly malty/yeasty.
1 – This is nice. I taste malt, butter, honey, & an essence of chocolate creeping in.
2 & 3 – More of the above, plus a little more roasty, & a nice tongue thickening sensation.
I have tons of things I should be doing…it’s still too wet to garden, so I’m off the hook there. I have several gigs coming up that require specific pieces, most notably a church gig (the only way they can get me to church is to pay me to come play). For that one, I’m working on Bernstein’s Chichester Psalm 2, which is choir, piano, & harp. It’s not a particularly difficult piece, but still takes time to figure out how I fit in. That’s one of the reasons I love youtube!! I can listen to it while I look over the music to find my place!
4 – nice tongue tingle, a little bit of a wuyi rock kind of thing coming into it.
5 – then 6 – this has been a nice session. I’ve been sipping, listening to that piece, looking through the music. I guess I’d better go sit at my Harp & try it out! I’m making this sound like a drudgery, LOL, but I love playing my harp, & doing so has the ability to elevate my mood better than anything else. My other mood elevators are: Tea, Food (preparing, thinking about, eating, & sharing), & gardening (which is really part of the food category anyway!).

I think I need some Sheng…sigh…

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO