I like peppermint…fresh in salads & also in my toothpaste (Nature’s gate Creme de Peppermint), oh, and in my Burt Bees chapstick! It’s my favorite mint, but I’m not so much of a fan of any mint in teas, & when I do have it in teas, I prefer it in iced teas. So I was somewhat skeptical of this tea, which I received as a sample from Stacy in (one of) my recent Butiki order(s).

I really haven’t had much tea today, but I also don’t want anymore caffeine, since it’s getting into the evening now. So here it is.
The flavor is fine, mint & chocolate, with a bit of a creamy texture to it. The quality of the mint is excellent, my sinuses are enjoying it. I didn’t add stevia, but I think if I had the chocolate would be more present. What I don’t like is after the first sip, my throat immediately feels scratchy. I’m not sure why.

Bonnie

Is it real chocolate or vegan?

Bonnie

Hum…just read the vegan chocolate notes and would like more information. I’d hate to have a soy reaction.

Butiki Teas

Terri-Maybe its a reaction to the marshmallow leaf? Do you have any specific allergies? I hope you are ok.

Bonnie, it is real chocolate but also vegan. We use allergen-free chocolate chips. http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/chocolate-for-baking/mini-chips/ So no soy.

Bonnie

Oh good! Thanks Stacy! (I keep cocoa hulls at home for adding that flavor to tea because I’ve not seen non-soy vegan chocolate chips).

Comments

Bonnie

Is it real chocolate or vegan?

Butiki Teas

Bonnie

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO