Holy Red Zinger! This is some tart stuff!!
So I know most everybody on steepster dislikes Hibiscus. It’s been a long time since I drank anything with hibiscus in it, & they had it in the bulk section, so I figured, what the heck? I brewed up some, sweetened it with stevia, iced it down, & it is Tart! It’s like cranberry juice, which I actually like unsweetened (real cranberry, not the cocktail kind). Anyway, it’s not something I’ll drink often, but I’m gardening today (& yesterday & the day before, things are starting to take shape out there!), & I thought it might be refreshing. It is, but I think I need to dilute it more & add more ice. It’s pretty intense stuff!

My Friend Rashad

I love hibiscus. How could anyone dislike it?

whatshesaid

Really funny, the other day I was out grocery shopping and they had some summer scented candles on display, creamsicle, pineapple…hibiscus.

I’m kind of bad with identifying certain notes in tea, since there’s no real context for some of that stuff for me. I’d never smelled hibiscus flowers before so when people rant about it I can kind of figure out which note it is by sniffing teas that it appears in, but I didn’t have that much of an idea. Anyhow. I jumped at the chance to sniff this candle, and it was like a cartoon lightbulb appeared over my head. I realized that I don’t hate hibiscus, but it sure is used in a lot of teas! I have one that came from a ToTM club my hubby signed me up for, haven’t reviewed it but it’s basically hibiscus and roses. I made it iced and it was good, but now I’m hyper aware of the intense hibiscus smell and taste.

It’s no exaggeration, this connection of smell and taste!!

Terri HarpLady

Definitely refreshing! I stuck the rest in the frig, & I’ll probably drink it tomorrow while gardening (or possibly doing housework/deskwork if it rains). I was thinking of making some popcycles with some of it (I made a pretty big batch).

Comments

My Friend Rashad

I love hibiscus. How could anyone dislike it?

whatshesaid

It’s no exaggeration, this connection of smell and taste!!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO