“sipdown”, little terri said with tears in her eyes.
We have loved this tea, with its Malty peppery savory sweetness.

;_; Even Ms Theresa is sad. She said that if she had known it wasn’t coming back she would have let us order even MOAR of it (although we did order alot). This was a tea worthy of being hoarded, & hoard it we did. So rich, so mouth-filling, so satisfying. I can’t believe it’s not coming back…sob…

On a lighter note, I love the new layout on the Verdant website? I don’t want to send anyone into a fit of tea ordering, but if you haven’t seen it, you should check it out. Under each tea type, they have folders now: What’s In Stock, what’s Out of Stock (meaning they will be getting more), and what’s Archived (meaning it’s not coming back).

Sadly, this awesome tea is in that final category. I will savor every last drop…sigh…

Dinosara

Aw, now I can go back and reminisce about all the old alchemy blends that will never return. Also I wondered over to the teaware section where they actually have the same categories, and found a pair of bird jingdezhen tea cups in the “temporarily out of stock” section that I never even saw go up for sale! No fair!

Lily Duckler

Terri: Aw!! Thank you for this review, Terri. It’s the great and terrible thing about coming across a wild-picked harvest.. eventually, the seasons’ harvests run out. We are always looking out for great teas, so even if this particular downy Yunnan won’t return to our collection, chances are good that there will be something new to enjoy another season.

Dinosara: Good eye! The bird tea cup pairs were actually part of our sourcing trip last Autumn, and we’ll have more teawares arriving in May. :)

Dinosara

Thanks for the update Lily! I was out of the county all of last August so I guess that’s how I missed them! Glad to hear there is more teaware coming, too.

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Lily! I have pretty much every tea you guys release, LOL, & of course, there are others that I love just as much!
I am happy that the Zhu Rong (or Zhu Right, as I like to call it) is on the ‘temporarily out of stock’ page, because I actually love that one even more!

Comments

Dinosara

Lily Duckler

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO