drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

I still have a ton of teas from my swap with Sil, & I was digging around for a ‘dessert’ & decided to have a cup of this.
I love strawberries. Up until last summer about a 5th of my garden (which is huge) was named ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’. Strawberry season always startsed with everyone at my house excited, picking, eating, coming up with ways to enjoy the ridiculous bounty of berries. At the peak of picking season, we had to pick them twice a day. Soon nobody liked them anymore, nobody wanted to pick them. “Can’t we just let the birds & slugs have them?” one of the boys said. We’d freeze enough strawberries to enjoy for the rest of the year in smoothies, etc. Sadly, last year’s drought killed most of my plants. There are a few, so I’ll get a berry here & there, plus a few alpine strawberries. I need to start a new berry bed this year, but this time I’ll try to keep it more manageable.

I’ve never had strawberry rhubarb pie. I like this tea, the berry is there, along with the crust, & a pleasant tartness, but there is a bitterness & astringency that I don’t much care for. Looking at the ingredients list, I’m not really sure where the bitterness is coming from. I’m still glad to try it, & I have enough left to try it one more time. Thanks Sil :)

Hmmmmm maybe its the base not agreeing with you.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

After I drank this, I realized that it tasted exactly like the strawberry sour gummy straws I used to eat in high school. That tartness is kind of addicting. Sorry to hear that the bitterness didn’t work for you, Terri.

Terri HarpLady

yeah, IDK…I like the Khongea golden tippy, so not really sure.
I don’t remember it being this bitter when I drank it the first time. It could even be a result of what I had for dinner, you know, maybe my taste buds that pick up bitter are just switched on high tonight.

Terri HarpLady

So I may have diagnosed the problem, LOL.
Tony’s been making fruit water alot lately (slice up fruit, add to pitcher of water, stick in frig to chill, enjoy). Yesterday’s fruit water included grapefruit, orange, & lime, & it was quite tasty. We had a glass after we got home from the pool hall. A little while later I drank the Ruby Pie. I’m thinking the grapefruit made my ‘bitterness’ taste buds over active maybe.

Comments

Hmmmmm maybe its the base not agreeing with you.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Terri HarpLady

yeah, IDK…I like the Khongea golden tippy, so not really sure.

Terri HarpLady

So I may have diagnosed the problem, LOL.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO