This morning I fixed & enjoyed breakfast with my son Drew (24). We had sweet potatoes & a frittata, & he picked out Bolder Breakfast for a large pot of tea to share. His tea tastes are beginning to change from sweet to savory. This is one of his current favorites, a somewhat malty deep & earthy cup with a dark chocolate essence. Previously he liked it sweet, now he likes it as is. Gotta smile :)
As a parent, I’m really enjoying the metamorphosis of all 4 of my children. When you’re 18 you think you’re an adult, but in most cases throughout your 20’s (and 30’s sometimes) you’re really just crossing that bridge from childhood to adulthood. Sure, you have all the legal rights to drink, vote, take out loans, etc, but for the most part, those are just rights to screw up so that you can learn from your experiences. (I know this from my own experience).
Both of my sons are in college. They were raised in a fairly progressive liberal household by an organic gardening (now formerly) vegan old hippy recovering addict semi-buddhist yogi musician mom.
So when your kid comes home from college & says, “I guess we’re slow food locavores, eh?”, you just have to smile. “Pretty much, except for tea”. I’ve never believed in cramming dogma down my kids throats. I’m a free-thinker, & I want them to be free thinkers too. And they are. It’s extremely gratifying watching them develop adult minds, as the wheels in their minds begin to turn & they figure out what they believe, who they are, who they want to be.
This pot of tea with my son made my day!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO