drank Golden Monkey by Teavana

Sometimes when I need to get some things done, I’ll pick one thing, set an alarm for an hour, & just work until the alarm goes off. I get a 15 minute break, & start again. That’s what I’ve been doing today. I started with the kitchen & then moved on to my sun room. My sunroom houses a variety of plants, & over the winter it becomes especially crowded when I bring in my 3 dwarf citrus trees: A Kumquat, a Meyer Lemon, & a Key Lime. I ate the lemons & limes in the fall, & I’ve been enjoying a kumquat once or twice a week for a few months now. I moved all 3 plants to their summer location the other day, & now I’m cleaning up their mess. The floor in that room, which is really just an enclosed porch with lots of windows, is littered with leaves & flower petals. Break time came, & so I have enjoyed the sipdown of this tea.
According to Teavana, this is the same tea they use for their Black Dragon Pearls, which they are no longer carrying. The reason they are no longer carrying it is because they can’t find it at ‘a high enough quality anymore’. That’s what they told me. I loved those pearls. They say this is the tea they are made from, but quite honestly, it’s not the same, IMO. However, it’s not a bad cup, but like all things Teavana, there are much better teas out there in the world, especially for the price.
Timer just went off as I was taking my last sip, so back to work for me!

MsWhatsit

I haven’t tried any teas with Monkey in the title. They always smell kind of weird to me.

Terri HarpLady

Like Monkey poop? hahaha

Comments

MsWhatsit

Terri HarpLady

Like Monkey poop? hahaha

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO