Just finally came in from my garden about half an hour ago. Now I’m having a salad of homegrown asian mesclun, scallions, & radishes. I love gardening!

So earlier today I stopped by Cheryl’s Herbs to get more Nettles, to help keep my allergies at bay. Cheryl (the owner & amazing herbalist) had a chance to visit, & I told her that although the nettles are helping, I think I need more help. She recommended that I start drinking Lapacho (Pau d’arco), which I have. I don’t care much for it, it’s in a powdered extract form & bitter, but I told her I’d start using it. Her prescription: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp as a tea, 2 X per day, for the next 3 months or so, then switch back to Astragulus root in the fall (which I usually drink in the fall). Both are great immune enhancing teas.

Lapacha is a dark powder. I grimaced as I brought it down from the shelf. Then my eyes settled on the almost empty Gingerbread Rooibos from Trail Lodge tea, a fairly spicy chai like blend. I brewed the Rooibos blend, adding 1/4 tsp of Lapacha to it, along with some stevia, & it was awesome! That was the last of the gingerbread blend, but I have other Chai’s I can mix that “bitter pill” into, or, in the words of Mary Poppins, “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!”