If Sil (or any other black tea lover) were sitting here with me, we’d be giddy with joy! I received a ridiculous amount of tea today, the results of one crazy evening of falling off the wagon & ordering from several venders. I got boxes from Mandala, Smith, thepuritea, & to top it all off, I got my swap from Nofar (Tel Aviv, Israel). There’s 35 samples from a bunch of companies I’ve never even heard of, & they are all unflavored, mostly black teas. I’ve been smiling all afternoon.

So I’ve decided that the next 100 or so posts should be all new teas that I’ve never tried, since I have SO MANY to sample now. Here’s the first one.

I’ve shared recently that I do have a think for Black tea pearls. I don’t know what it is about them, I guess in part it’s the novelty, but also the first ones I ever had were SO delicious. So part of my ordering frenzy included Dragon Pearls from 3 places: Adagio, Mandala, & thepuritea. I’d like to also get a few more, just because it would be fun to compare them to one another.

These are quite tasty! The aroma is fruity, but like roasted stone fruits, the flavor is a mix of Malt, chocolate, & molasses, & there is also an unexpected smokiness. Going back for the resteep now. :D

TheTeaFairy

You make me feel better about myself… I also fell off the wagon recently!
Trying new teas from the unknown sounds awesome, enjoy :-)

Spencer

I love black dragon pearls! The novelty is one thing, but all of the brands that I have tried have been quite tasty. Plus…pre=measured tea amounts. Simple!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

You make me feel better about myself… I also fell off the wagon recently!
Trying new teas from the unknown sounds awesome, enjoy :-)

Spencer

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO