This is the 2013 version of Mrs. Li’s.
I did not follow the instructions. I can’t drink green tea that way right now, as was evidenced yesterday when I drank the Jingshan green in the method of leaving the leaves in the cup & continuing to add more water. I ended up with an all day gut ache. Today I’m being gentle on myself, & going back to just barely steeping the green leaves in my ‘test tube’ steeper (which I love, BTW). I used 2.5 Grams of tea & kept the steepings short.

A very pale gold-green liquor that is mildly astringent, very clean, lightly buttery & hinting at cashews. I drank 4 rounds, & that’s enough for now. Just not really into green teas right now, which is a bummer because I noticed the June reserve club will be all greens.

High Adventure

Do you like greens better iced? In the summer there’s nothing like an iced green tea, for me anyway!

Comments

High Adventure

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO