drank Black Beauty by Mandala Tea

This is an interesting tea.
I think the name Black Beauty is appropriate, as this tea has that characteristic taste of those teas which have been bitten by the tea leaf hoppers & are given names like Oriental Beauty (an oolong). It is a mild coriander-like flavor in the background that seems to distinguish these kinds of teas, whether oolong or black (at least to my taste buds. Of course, I could be totally off base! LOL).

So this one reminds me strongly of Mi Xian Black, one of Butiki’s teas. It’s has a honeyed sweetness, a chocolatey thick mouthfeeling, & there is a little earthiness to it like a Keemun as well.
Very tasty, very smooth, really a lovely afternoon tea for me :)

TastyBrew

This sounds like something I’d really like too!

Terri HarpLady

When we get around to swapping remind me to send you a sample!

Donna A

Sounds good. I like Mi Xian Black from Butiki a lot.

Comments

TastyBrew

This sounds like something I’d really like too!

Terri HarpLady

When we get around to swapping remind me to send you a sample!

Donna A

Sounds good. I like Mi Xian Black from Butiki a lot.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO