drank Golden Yunnan by thepuriTea

The main thing I know about tea is how much I enjoy drinking it in it’s many forms. That’s not to say that I haven’t learned a few things, but the majority of my interest in tea is in enjoying it’s wonderful flavors, aromas, textures, even the novelty of it’s appearance.

I ordered some samples from thepuritea.com recently, & this is one of them. When I think “Golden Yunnan”, my mind say Dian Hong. I’m expecting something along the lines of Golden Fleece, which is the most wonderful & decadent Dian Hong I’ve ever had (& probably ever will).
Of course, my mind tends to be overly optomistic, LOL.

In actuality, this tea is a mix of gold, olive, black, 7 various shades in between. It doesn’t really look like the picture on the website, but that is not to say that it wasn’t nice to drink. The sample size is a little pillow box with 2 foil envelopes in it, each holding roughly 3 Tablespoons worth (about 12 grams) of tea. I treated this like I treat most yunnans: Use more tea for less time.
1 T + 8oz X 1 min (resteep @ 2 min, then 3, then 4)

It is a pleasant, malty, honey tinged, lightly buttered cup. The 2nd steep was even more so. 3rd began to fade, 4th = oh well….

Next time (if I remember) I will probably do 2 steepings of 2 & 3 minutes. All in all, it was a pleasant start to my tea drinking day!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO