This is one of the selections from Verdants Reserve TOMC for May. I’m just finally getting around to sampling these!

I have not been a huge fan of white teas. Generally speaking, I find them kind of boring. This, however, is a lovely tea that I’ve been enjoying for the last hour or so, while returning phone calls & doing (much needed) office work. I’m pleased to announce that my office has finally reached a point where I was able to set up a tea station. There is still much to be done, including deciding which tea-wares & teas will reside up here on the 2nd floor, but I did post a first photo on FB, for those who would like to see it.

Now for this tea. The aroma is very gentle & of hay, clovers & cream, an odd combination, to be sure, but there it is.
This is the most flavorful white tea I’ve ever had, with a unique floral taste, fresh cream, marshmallow cream, pastry, & hint of clove. The color of the brew is a pale apricot. Later steepings have a spicy, crisp, & sweet character.
The tea itself is also beautiful, with very clearly defined leaf/bud formations, clipped with just enough stem to hold them together. It’s also a nice sturdy white tea, in the way that Golden Fleece is a nice sturdy Dian Hong. The leaves are thick & well formed, not fragile & dried out looking like so many tea leaves tend to be.

I followed the recommended steeping parameters, using my test tube steeper, which I love especially for green & white teas.

Bonnie

Love my steeper too.

Comments

Bonnie

Love my steeper too.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO