Sipdown!
Thank you, Cavocorax, for sharing your sample of this tasty blend of teas with me! I had breakfast with his lordship, while Tony invited the Earl of Grey.
Petersham is a fine fellow, & I’d be glad to take tea with him anytime!

gmathis

You’ve been entertaining all kinds of dignitaries this weekend!

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, who would have thought it. Me, just a musician trying to get by, & all of a sudden I got Lords & Earls coming for breakfast, Friends visiting me in the tub, the Vicar…the damn Vicar, I tell you!

gmathis

Did he get his clerical collar wet? ;)

Not sayin"n

Robert Godden

There’s also one named after Lord Petersham’s sister: The Duchess. But not available in the USA yet.

Terri HarpLady

Have you sampled it Robert?

Robert Godden

I’ve sampled them all! I’m the co-owner of The Devotea.

Terri HarpLady

Cool! Why isn’t it available in the US? It seems like there was another one on the site that was also only available in Australia…Aussie Chai (I just looked, LOL)

Robert Godden

We started in Australia, where we have 21 blends. Many of them are based around teas readily available here. As we have expanded to the the US and the UK, we have found that some ingredients are impossible to get for very expensive. As an example, we had real trouble getting lemon myrtle, which you can buy at most supermarkets here. The USA is doing very well and currently has more than half the blends available. There are also two USA-only blends – Star Spangled Chai and a new one about to be announced. With regard to Aussie Ginger Chai, which is our biggest seller in Australia, it is entirely made from Australian-Grown tea which is quite expensive in the US. Nevertheless, following a few well-known US tea bloggers falling in love with it after we toured the USA handing out packets of it last month, I rather suspect there might be good news on that one in the coming months.

Terri HarpLady

Awesome! Keep me posted, I love a good gingery chai! :)

Comments

gmathis

You’ve been entertaining all kinds of dignitaries this weekend!

gmathis

Did he get his clerical collar wet? ;)

Not sayin"n

Terri HarpLady

Have you sampled it Robert?

Robert Godden

I’ve sampled them all! I’m the co-owner of The Devotea.

Terri HarpLady

Awesome! Keep me posted, I love a good gingery chai! :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO