Sipdown!
Leif & I did some gardening, pulling weeds & re-trellising some of the raspberry canes. My raspberry patch is really crazy & happy, & very productive, so we also picked more berries. Tonight is our first official “game night”, so I think I’m gonna make an almond flour cake with black raspberries in it, topped with coconut whipped cream & red raspberries. I still have to pick the black raspberries, later when it cools off a bit.

Anyway, it got too hot & sunny, so we came in & made an iced version of the last of the watermelon xylo, adding a little stevia. It was so yummy & refreshing, & very quickly gone!

NofarS

Your garden sound phenomenal! I love readin about it in your posts

Terri HarpLady

Thanks! I love gardening, & would stay out there for hours & hours. It’s such a great opportunity to just be in the moment, with birds singing as a soundtrack. We came in because it was too hot. I need to start getting out of bed earlier, so I can have more time out there! There’s always something to do, & never enough time!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I’m so sad our raspberry bush died a couple of years back. I love reading about your garden.

Terri HarpLady

Last year it was so hot & dry that I was sure my berry bushes had all died, but they’re back! The red raspberries didn’t like their location, so they all came up in a different place!

Tealizzy

I want some of that cake! ;) Sounds amazing!!

Terri HarpLady

We ended up making cup cakes instead! Gluten free, here’s the recipe I used, only I subbed maple syrup for the honey, as I tolerate it better, & whole raspberries instead of chopped strawberries. I also didn’t bother with the frosting, even though it sounded SO decadent. We talked about cutting them in half, topping them with berries & the coconut whipped cream, but we all got lazy. So our cupcakes ended up really being muffins, & they were tasty! Next time I want to add more berries though. Now I have a basic paleo & gluten free muffin recipe that I like, so variations can be endless! Here’s the recipe I used:

Those look yummy!

Comments

NofarS

Your garden sound phenomenal! I love readin about it in your posts

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Tealizzy

I want some of that cake! ;) Sounds amazing!!

Those look yummy!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO