Major Sipdown!
Leif & I wanted a large batch of ice tea to drink all day, filling the gallon jug with the spigot on the side (which we forgot always leaks…I hate those things). So we didn’t have enough of any one thing, but we had lots of odds & ends that we never drink. Here is the list of teas that were combined & used up:

Tarocco Ruby Orange – Teavana
Wild Sweet Orange – Tazo
Lemon Zinger – Celestial Seasonings
Mango Tango – The Tea Spot
Earl of Grey – The Tea Spot
Organic Tangerine White – Frontier
Lemon Verbena – from my herb garden
Sweetened with Stevia

The resulting brew is Fruity, tart, & tangy! Also very refreshing when you come in from the garden!

Cavocorax

Haha. I love this entry. And I didn’t realize you created the Random Steepings bleind either. Very nice!

Terri HarpLady

:D
I made the random steepings page when I was really too busy to enter all the teas I’d drank that day, so I just entered them all together on one page.
While Leif & I were concocting our iced tea today, I said it would be a suicide blend (do they even use that terminology anymore? I think we originally used it for slurpies who’s flavors were combined into one cup, or soda or something).
I turned to him and said, “Suicide is Painless”.
Then I knew I’d have to enter it into steepster.
Of course, most of the steepsterites probably never watched “Mash”, so for those young people, “Suicide is Painless” is the name of the Mash theme song. (Neither of my college aged sons has ever heard of the show, so looks like we’re gonna be doing a Netflix film festival soon).

K S

I’m pretty sure Loudon Wainright III once sang this during the show or maybe the movie. Anyway I remembered hearing it.

Cavocorax

:) Well I might not have been watching tv when MASH was on the air live, but we’ve been watching the re-runs over dinner for the past few years. :) Great song – great name for a random tea mash.

MsWhatsit

I loved the song. My daughter combines her sodas suicide style whenever we go to a restaurant. Sonic still uses the term as well.

gmathis

MASH is wonderful comfy-old-tennis-shoes TV. Some of the best wordplay in comedy writing I can think of. I loved Colonel Potter. (Saw Loudon Wainright recently on a Sat. Night Live Season 1 DVD; he performed it then.)

Comments

Cavocorax

Terri HarpLady

:D
I turned to him and said, “Suicide is Painless”.
Then I knew I’d have to enter it into steepster.

K S

MsWhatsit

gmathis

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO