This is one of the Reserve TOMC offerings.
The dry aroma is incredibly sweet, & brings to mind the color orange, like the Day Lilies blooming in my yard.
I love the color green, it is my most favorite color, & one of my favorite things about Tieguanyins is the amazing almost irridescent green. This one looks pretty much the same as other TGYs: Beautiful!

I followed the recommend steeping parameters, using my test tube steeper (I LOVE that thing), as it allows me to control the steep time a little better.

The first steeping was a pale yellow, delicately floral, & in my mind I saw a field of buttercups.
The second steeping became even more floral & sweet, & I thought of when my kids & I used to make candied violets.
The Third steeping created a scene (in my mind) of tiny spring flowers: violets, wild strawberry, wild onion. Tiny flowers bloom all over my yard & my neighbors yards in the early spring.
Beginning with the 4th steeping, the florals began to gradually diminish the be mixed with a growing green flavor & a creaminess as well.

This is a lovely Tieguanyin. As with the other Reserve TOMC teas, I’m not sure that it’s really that spectacular, but it was a pleasure to drink.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO