My dear friend BoxerMama informed me the other day on Facebook that I’m neglecting my duties on Steepster because I still haven’t reviewed the June Reserve TOMC teas yet. :D So here I am, & I can’t believe the month is almost over & nobody has reviewed this tea yet! I cringe to be the first, as I’m lousy at comparing 2 teas of the same variety. I can pick out tastes, like honey, musky, malty, bitter, etc, but I’m not so good at comparing teas, especially not 2 teas picked from the same plants.

So what can I say? My main comment is simply that I have concluded that I don’t like using the brewing method that Mrs. Li recommends. I have tried this method several times, including today, & it just isn’t for me. It almost always results in a bitter & astringent brew. I think I came to this conclusion once before, but today I thought I’d try it again. My mistake.

My preferred drinking method for all of these green teas from Verdant is to use 1/2 the amount of leaf & steep it in my glass test tube steeper (which I love). I wish I had done so today.

Bonnie

I did this with the glass tube and I agree it’s best. Almost reviewed this too but thought…I’d better dig into my Nepali Tea Trader’s too! Those little beekers are cool! Holds more than they look like.

Terri HarpLady

It’s perfect for me with green teas that need short steeps, & since I can use half the amount of tea, that’s good too. I can only drink so much green tea or my guts start to hurt, so even with multiple steepings this helps keep the quantity of tea drank down. :) Plus I like the glass!

Comments

Bonnie

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO