drank Hong Jing Luo by thepuriTea

Backtracking – this was my first cup of the day, which I thoroughly enjoyed, including a resteep which I drank out in the garden while clipping weeds. My favorite garden tool is a pair of fiskar scissors. I just clip weeds at the surface, then leave them laying there to decompose.

This is a lovely tea, but I can’t really comment on it’s profile, other than maltiness, as that was hours ago!

gmathis

Harbor Freight—local cut-price hardware—runs a coupon special every so often; a free pair of utility snips (fiskars-type blades with heavy plastic outside) with any purchase. I have them lying all over the house.

Terri HarpLady

I bought my Machete at Harbor Freight. It’s actually a really crappy one, but it was cheap, so that’s no surprise. I haven’t been in there in awhile. While all the other girls are perusing the craft stores (which I occasionally visit), I am that odd chick who likes to walk around in stores like Harbor Freight, Lowes, etc, just looking at tools, rocks, & other things & imagining what I would do with them. :)
I used to use these Fiskars to sew. I’ve had them for years. I bought myself an even better pair of sewing scissors (Gingher), & the fiskars became kitchen scissors (which they still double as). They are fantastic for clipping lettuces, weeds, & pretty much anything tender, plus twine for training plants, etc. I resharpen them from times to time. Of course, I have an entire array of other clippers, with varying thickness capabilities on my garden/yard tool wall, but these are my favorite. I probably should pick up a few of those blades you speak of, so I don’t have to always move this pair around!

MsWhatsit

My husband dragged me into the Harbor Freight store so he could look at manly things. I ended up finding an “uh oo guh” horn I’m planning to eventually get for my car. Hardware stores are a treasure trove for clowning stuff.

gmathis

Ditto for kids’ teaching stuff. I use bicycle horns with my church kids as game show buzzers. We used to have a squeaking rubber chicken that was priceless for an attention getter, but it disappeared after a remodeling project :(

Comments

gmathis

Terri HarpLady

MsWhatsit

gmathis

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO