I have to confess: I have a tendency to overleaf it with Stacy’s black teas. If she says ‘2 tsp’ I usually go with a loose Tbl, as those teas are so crazy shaped that there really is no way to measure out a tsp with them. If she (or anyone else on any tea…) says ‘a level tsp’, I usually go with a heaping one. On this tea (& the Assam leaf, even more so), I’ve learned to follow instructions, LOL. This is not a wiggly irregular shaped tea, the strands are thinner & shorter, so it is more well behaved.

Anyway, it’s a lovely boldish Assam with a light astringency & a nice malty flavor, with a hint of citrus to it. (Or maybe that came from the lemon pancakes I was eating?). Very rich & delicious. I steeped 4 minutes. Next time I need to remember to go 5, so I can see how it changes.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO