I have this amazing & generous box from NofarS, loaded with mostly black teas, & a few others for variety. They are ALL teas I’ve never tried!
I’ve only drank one of them so far. There are just so many in there (38) that it’s hard to pick one, LOL.

I reached in & drew out a silver needle…put it back because I’m just not in the mood for that. I reached in & drew out sweet almond & orange black. Not now. I reached in & drew out an earl grey, & put it back. I reached in & drew out this Darjeeling. That works. I just wanted one more cup of black tea.

I’m still getting to know Darjeelings. I’ve drank quite a few, but am still developing a vocabulary for them, I guess. This is a nice afternoon tea, not nearly so bold as an Assam. There is a earthy & fruitiness to it, which I suppose is the muscatel taste everyone talks about. I’ve never had muscatel wine or grapes, but I smelled the grapes once & the aroma was a turn off for me.

Thanks NofarS. I really AM gonna start drinking these wonderful samples more often! :D

NofarS

I’m so glad that you liked the box! Darjeelings are a mood kind of tea for me, and always in the afternoon. This is one of my favourites.

Comments

NofarS

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO