drank Dan Cong by thepuriTea

I started sipping on this earlier, Gongfu style, using 5G of tea to 4oz water. I did one rinse, which I sipped but discarded, as it was weak.
The dry leaf smells wonderful! Roasted Stone Fruit, raspberries, a hint of dark chocolate.
The wet leaf also has a very sweet & fruity aroma.
The initial flavors on this tea, however, were more like wood smoke or a woody incense. There is also a flavor of roasted nuts, predominantly hazelnut I would say, & a little bitterness. The fruit was there, but more in the background. Gradually those initial flavors subsided, making way for more of a sweet & subtle stone fruit taste.
I think I might try doing a cold brew with this, to see if the fruitiness becomes more prominent, although I enjoyed it as is.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO