drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Every time I drink this tea, I’m like, “THIS is the BEST TEA EVER!!!”.
I really LOVE Laoshan Black, it’s just so awesome! Since I have so many black teas (32, not counting trades), I am drinking a different black tea each day, which I really enjoy. Otherwise I’d settle in on a few that I am totally in love with & drink them every day, & then they would lose some of their specialness. I will probably narrow it back down to maybe 14 at some point, & do a 2 week rotation, but a one month rotation is nice because each time a tea such as this one comes back around, I am reminded of why it is so awesome. The flavors really stand out!

AureliaFish

How do you brew this one? I just ordered an ounce of it to play around with brewing strategies because the first time I tried it it tasted like i dipped my tongue in cocoa powder and nothing else.

Terri HarpLady

I steep 1 TB in a standard mug for 3 minutes. I give the re-steep 5 minutes. I have tried it in the Gaiwan also, & occasionally go that way, but this is my favorite way to do it, & it ROCKS! :D

AureliaFish

I will try it that way when i get my package :0 thanks!

Comments

AureliaFish

Terri HarpLady

AureliaFish

I will try it that way when i get my package :0 thanks!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO