This oolong is from the Reserve TOMC, January.
The leaves of this one are so beautiful, with a rich burgundy cast to them, & of course they are wild looking! The aroma today reminded me of peaches, maybe roasted peaches, & red fleshed plums.

The warm aroma of this one is so heady with fruit & a hint of cinnamon, & the tea itself has such a juicy fruity flavor, again of peaches & plums. My mouth is left with a sweet stone fruit aftertaste, like I just ate a bowl of cobbler. This tea also makes me think of umeboshi plums.

Later the flavors are briefly chocolate & fruit, & then as the leaves wane, more of a mineral taste, but even then there is a lightly salty rich brothiness to it. This has been a beautiful tea, & I only have enough to enjoy it one more time, but enjoy it, I will!

Chelle

Wow! Sounds lovely!

Terri HarpLady

It is a really nice Oolong! :)

Comments

Chelle

Wow! Sounds lovely!

Terri HarpLady

It is a really nice Oolong! :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO