I crammed my little blue lotus pot about half full of these leaves. That is my favorite way to drink this tea. The first several steepings were very short, the tea quickly packed with sweet bright flavor & sensations. Gradually I’ve steeped it longer & longer, as it moved from Grapes & Malt to sourdough bread & olive oil. I’m in the later steepings, & it has the pepperiness of a green olive oil, & reminds me of crispy potato chips fried in olive oil, sprinkled with salt & pepper.

I’m still trying to resolve my grumpy demeanor. I really woke up in a funk! I’ve eaten well, I’ve enjoyed some amazing teas. I even went to my chiropractor today. He has a crazy amount of Russian Sage growing in front of his office, was talking about needing to thin it out. I thinned it out for him, bringing home a trash bag full, as I’ve wanted to plant Russian Sage for quite some time now! Right now the plants are having a big drink in a bucket of water. Guess who is allergic to Russian Sage? The pollen got all over me while I was pulling plants, resulting in much sneezing, some wheezing, itchy eyes, etc. But the aroma of the sage is so amazing, so just for today I’ve decided it’s a small price to pay. It will look beautiful edging my driveway.

scribbles

You make this sound so delicious!

Nxtdoor

I agree with scribbles, although probably if I drank it I would probably think it was bitter with an aftertaste of hotdogs, or something. I just can’t seem to get most straight teas yet.

Lynne-tea

Haha Nxtdoor I love your description!

Comments

scribbles

You make this sound so delicious!

Nxtdoor

Lynne-tea

Haha Nxtdoor I love your description!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO