drank Zhen Qu by Butiki Teas

Happy Birthday Sil!! I hope you have an awesome day! :D

Maplewood, the part of St. Louis that I live in, is the first suburb west of the city, a historic district right on route 66. We have a couple of Art Walks per year, & last night was Let Them Eat Art, a play on Bastille Day. It is considered one of THE things to do in St. Louis in July. Artists everywhere, painting, sculpting, making jewelry, or whatever they do to be creative. Musicians (including myself), bellydancers, Ladies dressed up as Marie Antoinette with crazy bouffant hairdos (one year there was a chic with a bird-nest woven into her hair with a canary in it, I swear its true!), a dog costume contest, burlesque show, hoola hoopers, face painters, you name it, we got it. The whole event is vaguely french themed, kinda, sorta, & the whole city gets involved. It’s a family event, all the restaurants have specials, and it is sub-titled “the night of a thousand cupcakes”, with free cupcakes for all! Let them eat Cake!

I played my Electric Harp & sang at Kakao, an amazing chocolate place. That’s where I always play for these events, LOL, & Brian, the owner, always sends me home with a bag full of amazing dairy free dark chocolate & other confections. Last night there were morello cherry jells, dark chocolate with pepper & salt, cowboy pecan brittle with chipotle pepper, some other things, & my most favorite, the dark chocolate marshmallow pie. I ate a bite of each thing (ok…I half the marshmallow pie…so frik’n awesome), then handed the rest of it off to the boys. I just can’t really eat that much sweets, & I’m a little hungover from the sugar this morning. http://www.kakaochocolate.com/

The gig was fun, I love what I do for a living.
This tea is tasty. It’s not my favorite of Stacy’s teas, but I enjoy it from time to time, & now it’s gone.
Sipdown!

gmathis

Making note for someday when I have time for recreational travel again!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Sounds like to much fun!

Mmmm sounds delicious and fun. And thanks Terri…just got home from our epic ride.

Comments

gmathis

Making note for someday when I have time for recreational travel again!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Sounds like to much fun!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO