I’ve officially designated Monday as “White Tea” day. This started at the beginning of July. I don’t have a huge selection of white teas, as I’m not crazy about them, & tend to find them a little lame, to be honest, but I do enjoy trying them out & am gradually developing an appreciation for them. So every Monday I will drink a white tea, either plain or flavored (I currently have a total of 5 in my collection).

Today, it is this one. Steeped according to Verdant’s suggested gongfu parameters, more or less:
4G + my glass test tube steeper X 5 sec (adding 5 per steep)

This is a pleasant cup that starts out creamy & sweet, with the flavor & texture building with each steep. Gradually an blanched almond flavor emerged, & that was really nice. I am also thinking of a really creamy oatmeal, the kind you make from steel cut oats. The later steepings are more savory, with a bit more vegetal taste, & an almost citrus like sensation. As far as white teas go, this one is really nice!

MsWhatsit

I know what you mean about white teas.

Comments

MsWhatsit

I know what you mean about white teas.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO