Here’s another tea that I haven’t drank for quite some time. It’s very tasty, but since I’ve been drinking Master B’s Jin Guanyin, Shui Jin Gui Wuyi (both Verdant) & Mandala’s Big Red Robe Dark Roast, all tied for first place in the Wuyi Oolong category for me, this one isn’t quite as exciting as it originally was. Still, it is a lovely tasty tea, I steeped 5G in my yixing, & my very first review of it still rings true. I couldn’t describe it any better than that, so here it is:

1. It looked like Coca Coca, & tasted of toasted rice, like a really nice Genmaicha, with a hint of carmel.
2. The wet leaves have a deep charcoal & smoldering sweet grass scent, & I picture a pile of leaves burning in the fall. The taste has expanded to include a hint of cinnamon.
3. Now the flavor is sweeter, with a resinous quality that reminds me of a substance I used to smoke (back in the day). I’m also getting a bad case of cotton-mouth. Tannins or dejavu?
4. Bananas Foster with Vanilla ice cream & a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. The wet leaves now smell like banana leaves, roasting over a bed of charcoal. A juiciness is rising (cotton-mouth is gone), with a bright hint of mango.

Fjellrev

Wow, talk about morphing.

Comments

Fjellrev

Wow, talk about morphing.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO