drank Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea

Thanks to Cavocorax for this generous sample of tea!
Initially I was surprised, because I was expecting marble sized pearls, like the red & black dragon pearls from other companies that I’ve tried.
As it turns out, this is more like Adagio’s Yunnan Noir or Mandala’s Morning Sun. The pearls are each individual leaves, twirled into a small pearl shape. (Cavo, when you finally get my package, you’ll understand my momentary confusion).

Anyway, this is a very tasty tea! Malty with a light cocoa sweetness. I’m glad to say that there is enough in the bag for probably 2 more cups at least! Thanks Cavo, you rock!

Cavocorax

Glad you liked it. Also, I’m excited to see what you mean – maybe I don’t even know what real pearls are like? :O

LOL well they’re these round things…

JustJames

not sire these kind would stand up to the tooth scratching test though ;-)

Comments

Cavocorax

LOL well they’re these round things…

JustJames

not sire these kind would stand up to the tooth scratching test though ;-)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO