I hosted an all afternoon rehearsal. It was a trio: Harp, Bass/Cello, & Flute. We’re doing a wedding together tomorrow, & when I initially booked the gig & they asked for a trio, I figured they’d want a bunch of classical stuff, right? When I met with the Bride, her Mom, & her Aunt, I was somewhat surprised at their selections:
Autumn, 1st movement (Vivaldi 4 seasons)
Time After Time (Cindy Lauper)
Fields of Gold (Sting)
The Swan (From the Carnival of Animals, Saint Saens. Cello & Harp duet)
Come Away with me (Nora Jones)
Canon in D (Pachelbel)
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Bach, seating of moms)
Air (Handel, entrance of Bridesmaids)
Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (entrance of Bride)
My Hope is built on Nothing less (accompany entire congregation to sing)
Right Here Waiting (Richard Marx, for Unity Candle)
I’m Yours (Jason Mraz, Recessional)
Ho Hey!! Final Song!!

So I offered Tea. The bass player drank a cup of Kai Matcha. I drank Premium Taiwanese Assam. The Flute player didn’t want any. The rehearsal was really fun, a nice mix of tunes (most of which I already play, but not usually with a trio).

My final tea of the day was a sample from Verdant that was part of the rewards private reserve collection of teas they sent out when you earned enough points. Nou Gui Xiang Dancong. The early steepings were very incense like. Then it became sweet, almost like peaches or apricot. Now it is kind of limey, or maybe kind of lime peel like.
This is my only sipdown of the day, leaving me with 338 teas left in my collection!

gmathis

Eclectic! Like the mix.

Tealizzy

Lol! I love Ho Hey!! I’m not surprised the flute player didn’t want any…probably didn’t want to blow tea residual into their flute, although, if it were me, I would’ve had some at the end of rehearsal! ;)

Fjellrev

Yay for Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring.

Indigobloom

That’s a fantastic song mix. Love Jason Mraz :D

TheTeaFairy

I love your job!!

I love my job too! :D

Nxtdoor

The Lumineers on harp? Please record this and post it somewhere. I can’t imagine.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

What a fun set! That’s going to be a memorable wedding!

Terri HarpLady

At the end of the wedding, after the recessional, while we’re playing the Lumineers tune the bride & groom are going to come back in & dismiss each row of guests. We’re all hoping that people will join in by saying, “Ho……..Hey”. I could happen! LOL! Anyway, yeah, it will be a fun mix!

Comments

gmathis

Eclectic! Like the mix.

Tealizzy

Fjellrev

Yay for Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring.

Indigobloom

That’s a fantastic song mix. Love Jason Mraz :D

TheTeaFairy

I love your job!!

I love my job too! :D

Nxtdoor

Fuzzy_Peachkin

What a fun set! That’s going to be a memorable wedding!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO