First tea of the day, a nice bold cup of Assaaaaaam (said with a growl in my throat, pretending to be a tiger). I thought I had to be at the salt room at 9 this morning, so I slurped through my breakfast soup, & poured this cup of tea back & forth through a couple of ceramic cups to bring it down to sipping temp quicker so I could drink it before I go. About half-way through the cup, I realize my appointment at the salt room is tomorrow at 9, so I sat back down, sipped the last couple of sips, & I suddenly I don’t have to do anything until my students begin to arrive at 11:00. Bubble bath!!

What’s the salt room, you ask? It’s a place near my home where you can relax for an hour & breath in microfinely salted air. It’s like gargling with salt water with your whole body (minus the water, nobody wants to drown!). It’s especially helpful for people with respiratory issues, which is why I go from time to time, but has also been shown to help skin problems, etc. There are salt rooms in Australia, Toronto, Dallas, Detroit, Knoxville, Cleveland and Chicago. Anyway, there’s a ton of info about salt therapy on their website,

Neat! I’ll have to check out the one in TO

Indigobloom

I went to a salt mine in Poland, years ago. It was amazing.

Ysaurella

that sounds nice, never heard about before your post

Terri HarpLady

It’s real popular in Poland & Russia especially. Long ago they figured out that the people sent to work at the salt mines didn’t seem to suffer from respiratory ailments, so they started sending people there for therapy.

Comments

Neat! I’ll have to check out the one in TO

Indigobloom

I went to a salt mine in Poland, years ago. It was amazing.

Ysaurella

that sounds nice, never heard about before your post

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO