…sigh…it’s so nice to relax in bed & sip a cup of this. This really is one of those teas that isn’t just a beverage, it’s an experience. The aroma alone is so rich & satisfying, like dark chocolate melted over some fresh from the oven pastry. This first cup is so complex, not just in flavor, but also in the mouth: a very dark chocolate, so satisfying, interlaced with essences of cedar, clove, blackstrap molasses, & the tartness of hibiscus. My tongue feels thick around the sides, with a bright shiny tingle on the tip, LOL.

I’m gonna resteep these leaves, dedicating the 2nd cup to my tea sister Sil.
Then I’ll contemplate breakfast…I’m thinking asparagus, eggs, hollandaise, & almond flour biscuits…
I love Sundays!

Oh god I hate you right now. I’m sooo tired. Just want this to be over

Terri HarpLady

I wish I could set a mug of tea in a transporter & have it miraculously beamed to your desk, still steaming hot & awesome.

oh god that would be awesome..

Bonnie

I think this is the perfect tea to match with salted caramels. Sounds like a lovely breakfast! You know how to live it up!
I had lemon-vanilla cardamom pancakes. Sometimes I make Chai pancakes. (Always freeze some)

Yum Bonnie!

hmmm… i totally have some caramels in the house…

Comments

Oh god I hate you right now. I’m sooo tired. Just want this to be over

Terri HarpLady

oh god that would be awesome..

Bonnie

Yum Bonnie!

hmmm… i totally have some caramels in the house…

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO