I took a break from Little Terri’s Sipdown Extravaganza today.
Instead I dedicated the day to Master Han’s teas. I don’t know why. It just seemed like the thing to do. I steeped them Gongfu style, starting with this one. In the true spirit of generosity, I packed my little blue lotus teapot about half full with tea, & spent most of the morning drinking back to back short steepings. The first few were a little intense, almost like a sheng in a way, but then they mellowed. This is a complex tea that just keeps giving, steep after steep. It’s a completely different profile from the chocolatey malty Verdant teas that I love the most, but still very enjoyable in a more savory way.
I initially set out to compare the 2012 version to the 2013. But then I decided not to bother, because that would require me to open the 2013 before I’ve finished off the 2012. No rush. Anyway, this tea has good energy & was a good start to my day.

JustJames

agreed, really not a malty note in it. more a heavy, dark winter fruit underscoring a very simple black.

Comments

JustJames

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO