Yu Lu & I have had a rough relationship. I’m sure it’s all my fault. I treated her like Laoshan Black, using way too much tea & oversteeping. I didn’t like her very much at first. I don’t drink her very often, because she is fussy & I am busy, & I am prone to getting sidetracked. I also can’t drink from her leaves on an empty stomach. Today is probably not the best day for Yu Lu, but as I open the package the dry aroma is just so wonderfully heady with chocolate, and sweetness, and we have gradually developed a better relationship, so here we go. I gave her a quick rinse that I drank (Yum), and then:
5G + 4oz adorable blue lotus porcelain teapot (that I LOVE) X 3 sec
That one went into my blue cup, & I steeped 2 more @ 3 secs & combined them in a pitcher. Sometimes I am amazed by just how much flavor you can get from leaves with short steeps! This tea is immediately mouth thickening & rich & sweet & creamy & chocolatey.

I started a third steep, my phone rang, it was one of my booking agents regarding a wedding…
Sidetracked
Yeah, that steep went on for a couple of minutes or so, long enough to get a slight bitter & citrus edge to it, dammit. And that pretty much ruined my session, as the leaves had given up all their glory, & the next attempted steep was meh.
This is a lovely tea. Not my favorite tea from Verdant, but we have come to a point of understanding. She is definitely a tea for a day when I can actually do nothing for a little while. Or maybe next time I drink from her leaves I’ll work at my desk, & ignore the phone.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO